Saturday, June 13, 2009

Greece, 4000 BC

After the Fates shot me back 6000 years, and Jorge to God-knows where, I awoke to find myself in a different world. Ancient Greece. It was such an alien area, but thank God that I had two abilities that I would've died without: Intuitive Aptitude and Omnilinguilism.
Omnilinguilism's purpose is obvious, but maybe you're wondering what Intuitive Aptitude did. Well it allowed me to understand the economic and political system of Greece (I was never a good history student...), which were vital things to know. Let me give you the run-down of what happened during the 5 and a half years I was gone.

The first 4 years were uneventful to say the least. For about a month I was in shock, but quickly adapted. Through Mental Manipulation I got an abode, a very nice, multi-room marble house on a hilltop with a huge farm area on a patio. Olives and wheat thrived everywhere, and I worked hard on the fields, not using powers unless I needed them, because I was trying to build up my physical strength, however I manipulated many people to exchange for some extremely rare commodities. Teleporting still worked, but civilization was different. I was able to tour around Asia, Mesopotamia, India, Egypt and The Americas, seeing history in the making. The Aztec and Mayan cultures intruiged me the most, and I wondered if any of the advanced scientists had abilities. None did, and believe me, many times I would use my Info. power to absorb their memories. None had any abilities that could be counted as superhuman. Infact, for a very long time I didn't encounter another special, and I knew many, many, many people worldwide. Shapeshifting, Omnilinguilism and Telepathy allowed me to fit in anywhere, and I'm pretty sure I met just about everyone worldwide, which sounds like a huge accomplishment, but there were nowhere NEAR as many people then as there are now. I'd say maybe 1 million people worldwide, and plague and war were running rampad, so the population varied greatly from one month to the other.
I mainly kept to Greece, letting life go by, and enjoying city life. Greece was an early democracy wherein all wealthy, land-owning male citizens would gather and decide EVERYTHING for the city-state. By 2009's standards, its a huge sounding feat, but in reality there were maybe 40 of us in that council. Yeah, I helped make decisions... Aw hell why lie, I made EVERY decision in my favor, or if I liked someone, I'd make whatever they wanted happen.
Come to think of it, throughout all the time I was there, I only made a few friends. Most people either died by 40 naturally, or were drafted into the war, so whenever I had an aquaintance they would eventually disappear. I had a few encounters with women of the past, probably had a kid at one point... One of many things I regret, messing up blood-lines throughout history... Passing on the Power genes, when they hadn't evolved yet, but I'm pretty sure I never had a kid, and plus, I have probability manipulation. I used that wisely...
The worst part was the nightmares I'd have. Every night I'd hear Jason's bloodcurdling screams, see the horrid sights of the Fates, remember Jorge, and think back (or forward) to my life, mainly the people I killed. I'd wake screaming atleast twice a night, not getting good rest once for the entire time I lived there.
Then one day, I think the Mayan's equivalent of November was when it happened, my quaint life changed. I was sleeping, dreaming... Horrible Nightmares. When it happened. An earth-shattering explosion. Huge, woke me up before my dreams could. I jumped up instantly, flexing my now buffed, tanned arms, which I set alight after a moment. Nothing in such an early time had that kind of power to my knowledge. I walked outside and saw that a huge section of the town was on fire. The farms of one of the elders, Suez, was burning horribly. I teleported right there and TFPed some water to put it out. I looked around to see what had happened, and saw Suez standing on his porch with a shocked look on his face. Literally. His whole body was coarsing with blue sparks. Yep, he had just manifested a power, the first power in recorded history. Ofcourse, I ran up and made sure he was okay. He couldn't respond, but instead put up his sparkling hand and a ball of blue lightning appeared in his palm. This could be bad, an untamed power without any proper instruction, and the Hunger jumped instantly, after being dormant for 4 years, I needed the strength, but I held back. Suez and I had become friends, so I decided that instead of killing him, I'd instruct him. For a few weeks I showed him my abilities, and explained what I knew. Information sharing and Telepathy helped alot with explaining modern, complex terms about genetics and such.
Seuz started off great, and learned to control his Electrokinesis quickly, but then one day he did something horrible, that I shall not forgive him for.
One day I decided to visit China, they were starting out their civilizations, and I helped them a bit. I stayed in the village chief's abode that day, which wasn't much more than a big hut... I traveled for days and when I finally got back to Greece, I was appauled. Left and right, statues of Suez had popped up, big ones that must've taken ALOT of manpower to make. I could also see marble slabs being worked on by dozens of men and women and even children, being made into Seuz's likeness. Seuz had become the first of the Greek gods, more popularly known as Zeus.
I walked around and saw MUCH destruction. Old worship areas were obliterrated, and smoking. Houses were singed, and burnt bodies were lying in the street every few dozen meters. Chaos would be a nice way to put it. I knew what to do. I teleported to city hall,a huge bulding in the middle of town on the largest hill. I snuck in invisibly, planning to kill Seuz and take his power away, but I didn't have to. When I got there, Seuz was speaking to a man with a dagger. I couldn't hear them, but I read the assailants mind. He had only one though. KILL KILL KILL. He was brainwashed, like John's victims, and I knew the Fates had ended their first competition of making Seuz have abilities. He was powerless against the killer. Seuz shot lightning, which hit the assailant in the chest, but didn't stop him at all. The killer jumped forward and stabbed Seuz right in the heart. A huge electrical jolt went out of him, and he fell down, dead.
I walked up, and felt that the killer's thoughts had calmed. That's when I realized something else. The assailant was Seuz's son, Arsei. Guess who? Yep, another famous god of the past, Ares. Turns out he had Heightened Physiology. I knew he was a vital figure to society as a whole, so I teleported away and let him live. I didn't want the timestream being altered too greatly by my presence.
However, I knew the emergence of them was great, because it meant the Fates were out there too. I remember that they had been in a room where there was a lava-pool. I thought hard, and realized that near the present day area of Pompei, there was a volcano. Mt.Vesuvius. I decided to check there first.
The next day I teleported to Vesuvius and pushed the rock walls away to walk through. I phased through lava rock, molten lava and many mineral sediments until I found what I wanted. A pool of lava which was surrounded by 3 ugly, old hags in purple and blue robes. I jumped out instantly, making my hands into giant claws. I tried TKing then to the walls, but they didn't move and I was stopped midair already. One looked at me, and I saw that she was horribly ugly, just as much as she was in 2009. The other thing I saw was the aura of power surrounding her. She shot me with a beam, and I fell into the lava pool.

I awoke what felt like a short while later, to a vibration that started soft, but then got huge. I felt the world around me, it seemed like a compressed shell. Then it exploded, and I found myself a mile in the sky, surrounded by lava and ash. I knew I had to fly, so I navigated through the giant black cloud around me and found a small island to land on. I instantly felt out of place. All over the island were buildings, and not Greek style ones, more modernized, but still Ancient style. This wasn't the same place I'd just been. The second thing I noticed was the screaming, panicing people all around the area. I looked at where I'd been and saw an erupting Vesuvius. Yep, I was in Pompei during the time of its ultimate demise...

TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment:

  1. WOW. I've seen a lot of theories about the eruption of vesuvius, alien invasion, unstable time machine dropped into it, etc, but it was the fates? Cool. Dragon said he can tell us a bit about them, and he seemed worried when he read you'd been in ancient greece. I'm hoping to learn more when he gets back from getting his friends.

    ReplyDelete