Thursday, June 11, 2009

Return

Where am I? When am I? I don't even know how long its been. As soon as I got back I got on a computer to record what I'd done. I have yet to check the date, but I can feel that it's June 11th, 2009. I'm beginning this at 8:02 PM EST. A little ability I picked up recently, heightened awareness... Wow, its amazing how little time has passed here, when for me its been... God, how long? 5 years...7 months...12 days... 3 hours... Well I'm probably boring you with the details.
Fact is, I disappeared without a trace. Last I recall there was something happening with Death and John. The helix mark on my forearm has yet to have faded. It still burns from time to time, a constant reminder of who I am... or was.... God, its so surreal to be back in 2009. I knew I'd end up back here eventually, after all, I can't die, but I thought I'd have to wait a long time to catch up with myself. Thank the gods for what I learned, what I did. I regret alot, but it was destiny, it was fate. I know this now, but this is probably very confusing for you guys. Maybe I should explain what's happened to me for the past gods-know-how-long.
So yes, in case you worried about me, you were very justified in that. The dreams I'd been having all that time ago meant something. My fate was being toyed with, and I found out about it. My source was Jason, the dream manipulator I met back at my old High School. He was dealt with, horribly. My heart goes out to him, he's gone forever and not coming back no matter what. Its been guaranteed. But because of what I knew, they tried killing me, but I managed to evade them by going back. WAY back. All the way back, to a time over 6000 years ago. Here we go, time for me to unwind and tell you all the horrors of the past 5 and a half years of my existance:

It was a while ago, could've been March, April or May... Maybe June? I started having vivid dreams, seeing the future, the past, the present. Visions of the world literally tearing to shreds, visions of Heroes that stopped it from happening previously, visions of what was leading to it happening now. Surprisingly, most of what I saw that lead to the Earth's iminent destruction was caused by myself, Tempest and Cleo. I'd wake up night after night in a cold, frozen sweat with a whisper running through my head in Greek..."FATE" it would say.
One day I began to blog about the dreams, when it happened. I fell unconcious, and dreams began. These were the past and so vivid, the images are burned into my head forever. I saw three old women, specials, the most special actually. Reality warpers, Fate warpers. They had the strongest abilities there were. They all looked identical, and all had grim looks on their faces. They stood around a pool of lava, in which was reflected the image of another special, who was shining like the sun, and flying above an ancient city made of marble, with large pillars supporting building that shone white. Towns people dressed in togas and robes rushed outside to praise the flying special, and he shone brighter and brighter, I could sense his pride. Then the most unexpected thing happened. He just suddenly exploded. And not John exploded, where he lets off energy and then is fine. No, his body erupted. I had no idea why, but then I saw that one of the old women had made a hand motion. Imagine that, ending a life from who knows HOW far away, with a flick of the wrist? Then the image shifted to another scene in the lava, this seemed to be in medieval Europe, as the dress of people showed. A great general stood atop a hill, his eyes glowing yellow as he controlled an audience of possibly thousands bellow. Then the women snapped, and the general was shot in the head with a musket, fired by an unseen assailant in the crowd.

More and more similar images swirled on and on, until I saw one that truly shook me. In the pool of lava was reflected a boy with messy black hair sitting before a computer. I only saw the back of the boy's head before one of the women waved a hand, and he fell face-first into the keyboard. As he did, his neck turned and I looked at the boy's face. My own face.

The image of my own dead body faded into a mist, and I wanted to scream and jump but I was paralyzed in fear. As the mist cleared, a being began to walk forward. I recognized him as the Dream Manipulator I had had an encounter with not all that long ago.

"Those women," he began "Call themselves the Fates. They have the strongest abilities in the universe, and cannot be matched by any force. They believe themselves to be the weapons of the universe, killing specials that gain too much power and threaten their existence. Their next targets are these." He waved a hand and three misty images appeared: Me, Cleo and Tempest.
I gasped, finally able to speak for a moment, but I couldn't get a word out because the dream suddenly seemed to explode on itself, and the desolate black emptyness Jason and I had inhibited just then, suddenly became a horridly ravaged field, full of volcanoes and gulches and chasms and lava pools. Explosions rocked the Earth beneath our feet, and gashes poured lava towards myself and Jason, whose name I'd just learned through Telepathy. I quickly used terrakinesis to push the lava back and close up the ground.
YOU DARE TEST FATE?!
Came a horrid cry that seemed to emmanate from all around us. I didn't think, instead I jumped forward, grabbed Jason by the wrist and began to run. Technically we were still in a dream, so his power had some influence, allowing him to fly quickly, and so I decided to fly aswell. We went in a zigzag pattern, and lava erupted every few seconds beneath our hovering bodies. We flew next to each other for what felt like hours, evading and evading. More than once we would get hit and experience horrid pain, but we could both heal as long as we were in the dream. All the while the insane cackling of an old hag surrounded us, mixed with the occasional scream of PERISH! or DIE FOOLS!!! or some ancient Greek curse whenever she missed us with her explosions.
It seemed that the Fates eventually tired of trying to blow us up, and suddenly the landscape altered, as four hard, steel walls began closing in on us fast. We were both hit hard with an impact on all sides, and the walls began to squeeze us horribly. I waited for the moment, and finally got it. Just as my skull felt like it'd burst, I felt Jason's hand on mine, and phased us both through the walls. We ended up in a spike field, with metal spires constnly shooting up from the ground in random spots. One nearly implaed me as I rushed over to Jason's tired body.
"We're gonna die..." he murmurred
"No!" I said valiantly, although not fully sure whether to believe myself or not "We're getting out. This is my dream, so you AND I can control it."
"But so can they," Jason gasped "And if we left the dream, I'd be powerless, and they can bend reality as we know it!"
Then an idea hit me, harder than the steel, crushing walls had a few moments before. They could bend reality, but so could we...
"We gotta get out of this place" I told Jason "I'll find you in the real world the moment I wake up. Now c'mon, go! Who knows how long we've got until those hags realize we weren't turned into a Rubix Cube." With that, I read his mind and found the location where he was, and I found myself back in front of the the computer.
There was no time for me to do anything, nor warn anyone. I just teleported to Jason. When I got there, I saw him sitting on his bed, with his head in his hands. He was crying.
"C'mon, that's not gonna help anything." I said "Those Fates want us DEAD, and they can bend reality. We don't have much time before they realize what I'm planning. And I'm trying to protect you too" I grabbed his wrist, and found myself teleporting to a place I needed to be. South America. I had to find a friend.
It took me a moment to register where Jorge was with my Clairvoyance, but as soon as I got the spot, me and Jason were there instantly. Jorge was making small objects morph and hover before him. His powers had recently been diminished, but he could still help us.
"Damian. Jason." He said without turning. "I take it you wish for me to help you with the Fates. They wish you, Damian, dead for being too powerful, and you, Jason, dead for trying to interfere with their plans. Well, I ca--" He was suddenly cut off. I didn't understand why, until he fell over with a Bronze dagger sticking out of the back of his head. He was dead, unless that dagger was removed, but we didn't have time for that. The Fates were in the room.
There was dead silence for a moment, I felt like I couldn't think, which I really couldn't by the way, something the Fates did, and then one stepped forward.
"Damian West. You are the most interesting specimen we have created thus far." I looked at her with confusion. "Allow me to explain. We three were the first ever 'specials' as you call us. We used our powers to help mankind, inspiring myths and great tall tales. We showed man fire, and fishing and much more that progressed them. Then we one day grew bored, so we decided to pass on our genetic codon, the one allowing us to manipulate the very fabric of reality. We gave it to a few individuals at first, and chose the strongest of them to watch. We would place wagers on whether the individuals would grow to be good or evil, and whether they would help humaity, or harm it. My sisters and I often sent in bait to push them to either side. However, if they grew too powerful, we would tip the balance and make them weaker. It has happened many times. Peter Petrelli, Hiro Nakamura, Gabriel Grey, even your friend Jorge Santos here. All grew too powerful, so we threw an obstacle at them so that they would become les of a threat. However, if the obstacles we threw did not work to the desired extent, we'd simply kill them. Oh, what a shame that you, the first Second Chance we ever gave, must be destroyed utterly. You have shown that you've been tempted by evil in TWO lifetimes. It is not fair to allow you to live. We've tested you time and time again, sending specials into your path, and almost everytime you've encountered one, you killed them, just as I, whom bet that you would stay evil for all eternity, suspected.
"Your chapter has come to a close Damian West, as has yours Jason Bourdain. Your deaths shall be swift." With that, she lifted a hand, but what she didn't realize was, during her speach, I'd managed to telkinetically remove the dagger from Jorge's 'soft-spot'. He was concious and we'd been planning telepathically. The same moment the fate tried to kill us, I created a clone of myself, and Jorge made one of Jason. Together we made an illusion so that the real Jason and I were invisible, and our clones exploded horribly, screaming with terror just like the real thing.
"You think you've fooled us?!" A second fate stepped forward, she just as ugly as her sister "YOU CANNOT ESCAPE FATE!" Our illusuion collapsed and she pointed at Jason and me. First, Jason was ripped to tiny bits, his body tore apart very slowly, and his cries of agony still haunt me now. The floating pieces of his body then each was vaporized, and Jason's life ended forever. I felt bad, but this gave me just enough time to shoot a fireball at the fate. She simply stopped it without batting an eyelash, and then put up her hand. A hole appeared in her palm, a black hole. It began to suck everything in the room in, and it was all I could do to try and hold myself and Jorge down for a little while, until finally we, too, were sucked into the vortex.

I blacked out, and the next thing I remember was opening my eyes to an extremely bright light and the smell of olives. I shielded my face and let myself adjust to the climate. It was hot, but dry. I rolled onto my side to see that I was in a grassy plain. That wasn't what shocked me. What shocked me was that I was staring at a huge rocky, mountainous area, where atop one mountain-top was the Parthenon, not the antique it was now, but shining beautifully, with people in togas walking to it holding offerings to burn in a large fire I saw going on inside. I stood and looked around. Everywhere was either grass or mountains. I was in Ancient Greece.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment:

  1. Cool!

    Great to have you back with us Damian, at least, if it's really you.....

    There have been a lot of weird things going on. Catch up on mine and Cleo's blogs, and please tell us your side of our dealings with you. The phone call I had with Jorge when you two were fighting Jorgia, pretending to be John at TP, we've been told you're joining a group fighting against us, please, please give us your side of all this stuff.

    Finally, Dragon wants to see you. I know it's partly about Zodiac, but he seems troubled by you in general. I have a feeling he may be about to go all 'Aslan talking to Edmund' on you. Sorry, he knows what's best though.

    Once again, great to have you back in the present.

    ReplyDelete