Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baited Part one

Well, our plan is in action soon. We're getting ready, and through Tempest and our entire group's sharing of abilities, the plan seems foolproof, but I wanna make sure...

I took a little trip to Massachusetes, after a little tip off, by which I mean a painting of Precog's which depicted myself ripping open the scalp of a man in a cluttered apartment with street signs outside with directions in Massachusetes. I teleported to the coordinates outside the room in the painting, which I saw a good picture of on GoogleEarth's street-view feature. Man, the internet is pretty dangerous.
I walked into the apartment complex on the coner, and phased invisibly through every room and cooridor until I found one similar to the one in the painting. The only difference was that this place wasn't cluttered. Infact, it was the opposite. This place was crazy organized, and there weren't any papers anywhere.
The small room consisted of a chestnut desk with a black chair tucked neatly into it. Upon the desk was a computer without a keyboard, or mouse, or even a monitor for that matter. I looked around, and there were several random computer towers scattered all over the apartment, although not in a messy method. They were stacked vertically across walls, being the only decoration. There was a small door leading to a bathroom that was very plain.
The one-room place had no kitchen, and there was only a portion of a wall dividing the office area from the bedroom, which was nothing but a king sized bed that was quite disorderly on one side. I walked up and quickly realized that only one side of the bed was ever occupied. The man that lived here was lonely as anything. Probably a miserable existence.
I rummaged around, looking in the only storage unit in the bedroom, a dresser of 4 drawers, and found normal clothes, but also tons of flash memory drives and floppy disks. Broken and cracked CDs lined the bottom of this guy's drawers, but everything here was flash memory, not a single piece of paper anywhere! This guy was a tech-freak!
I waited around a while and got really bored. This guy had no TV! What a horrible place to live. I looked outside and found that night was falling. In the painting, I killed this guy, who I couldn't identify at all from his crappy apartment, during the day, so I thought it best to just leave. This guy wasn't coming any time soon. I walked out and there it happened.
I saw a man with a brown briefcase walking down a sidewalk towards the apartment complex I had just exited. I jumped behind a wall of the next building on the left, and watch the man walk up to the door and punch in an entry code. This could've just been anyguy, but I was reassured that he was the one I was looking for when 3 men in full black body armor holding automatic machine guns rushed into the building a few moments later. I went invisible and followed them after they kicked down the door of the complex.
They rushed up the stairs to the room I had just exited and grabbed the man, who was unloading a bunch of DVDs which looked pirated out of his bag. The men rushed in and threw him down to the floor. They raised they're guns, and fired their tasers, but I stopped time and telekinetically threw the tazers aside. Afterwards, I grabber all their guns and began to burn them in a pile, but they wouldn't burn in time freeze, so I resarted it. The Hunters were all insantly shocked, and suspected that the guy had done it. I was tired of this, so I read his mind to find that his name was Devin, that's it though, I wanted the power to be a surprise. It sure as hell was!
As soon as the Hunters were off guard, Devin jumped to his feet and grabbed two of their heads. The guy's eyes suddenly went white, and they gasped and fell to the ground. The third guy punch him in the chest, and, being a weak, slightly overweight guy, Devin had the wind knocked out of him. He sprawled to the floor, and the hunter pulled a knife out of what I can only assume was his ass, since I didn't see him make a motion for it. He was gonna kill my prey! Uh-uh, not happening Bub! I threw the guy out the window onto a waiting van filled with reinforcements, just incase. I threw the other two bodies as well, and they all piled on the van. Before they could recoop, I threw a big fireball and lit the truck up.
Seeing an opporinity, Devin rushed out the door, but I wasn't letting that happen. Screw the painting, I'd kill him at night.
I grabbed him with telekinesis, then threw him against his wall with it.
"YOUR POWER" was all I had to command. He instantly entered a bronze-eyed trance and began to explain it.
"I can take information from anything and know it. I can project my info onto other things too, infinitely. I'm a human back-up, but it works on everything. Those agent, I took away all their memories, which wiped em clean, like a new computer. I keep all the info in me foreva', ain't no gettin' rid of it, but I can take from anything. DVDs, CDs, computers, flash drives, I can learn alarm codes, anything. It works on books too, and all sorts of documents!" He got out of the trance and I saw how shocked he was.
"WHAT DO YOU USE YOUR ABILITY FOR?!" I commanded, to see if it was a justified kill. Instantly, he got into a trance.
"I pirate CDs and DVDs, then sell them illegally. I also steal computers, and tons of other things and blackmail people for money! I rob banks by learning security codes and wiping guards, and I'm a crook!" He finished and got out of the trance, he spoke normally "You really saved my can back there wit' those guys."
"I don't let anyone touch my prey..." I said, and began to split his scalp, as the truck outside finally exploded, and the shockwave sent a huge gust of debris flying through this apartment, and lighting up the night sky, just as the painting depicted. Guess Precog is always right.

Anyway, so I killed Devin and took his power, then teleported back to HQ. Its then that something weird happened.
"Precog, your painting came true" I said as I passed him in a hallway. He just looked oddly at me.
"What?" He looked dumbfounded.
"The one with me, and the guy. You know, the whole..." I moved my finger like I was cutting a skull.
"I haven't painted you killing anyone recently..." He said, and just walked away.
This was odd, so I teleported to the painting's original location. It was gone! I looked around the whole room, but the painting was gone. I can't explain what could've happened, but then I had a dream...
TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Precog IS always right, but he does drawings mostly, not paintings. You're getting good at Brain Manipulation, and you're killing again. This is quite worrying. It's good you have a new, useful power, but we need to find a way that doesn't involve killing. With your information gathering, and my team's combo power, Our plan should be unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame you couldn't use the combo power too, It's a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete